Corner of ceramic fiber baffle broke off?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryAnn

Nov 30, 2005
Have a year old Napoleon wood stove. The corner broke off of baffle. About a 2" x 2" piece. We keep putting it back on, but it eventually falls off again. Is there anyone kind of heat resistant adhesive to fix this. Don't really want to buy a new baffle yet. Have been using it with piece missing. Doesn't seem to affect anything. You would think they could make these out of something less fragile.

I haven't broken one yet but surely will someday. When it happens I will straighten out a few paper clips, cut them in half and push the pieces half way into one piece of the baffle and press the other piece on the other half with a little furnace cement between the pieces to glue them together. The furnace cement is around four bucks at the hardware store.

BB I like the way you think. Gasket cememt can also be used

BrotherBart said:
I haven't broken one yet but surely will someday. When it happens I will straighten out a few paper clips, cut them in half and push the pieces half way into one piece of the baffle and press the other piece on the other half with a little furnace cement between the pieces to glue them together. The furnace cement is around four bucks at the hardware store.

I've heard of a biscuit joiner...but a penny joiner??

Warren said:
BrotherBart said:

My way is the Office Depot Joiner.

BrotherBart said:
Warren said:
BrotherBart said:

My way is the Office Depot Joiner.

lol , or the "easy button" for wood stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.