Correct room heat temp from an Englander 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
I have seen a lot of talk about air temps coming out of the stove into the room but what is the correct temp at which air is heated to and exits the Englander 25-PDVC?
My air exit temps run right around 240 on any setting that is matched 1-1 2-2 3-3 ect ect, but air temp will drop slightly at settings like 1-3 2-4 3-4 ect ect

lots of variables to consider, fuel differences , degree of cleaning, room temp at time of measurement (cold air entering isnt going to come out as hot as warm air entering. ) how long the unit has been burning at time of measurement as well. rigt out of startup is not going to be as warm as 4 hours in after the unit has equalized.

stoveguy2esw said:
lots of variables to consider, fuel differences , degree of cleaning, room temp (cold air entering isnt going to come out as hot as warm air entering. ).

I have pondered how to preheat the oak tube in order to get the air entering the stove warmed a bit,
I thought about drawing in air from the basement but that would only draw colder air into my cold basement.
I thought of some sort of heat tape rap on the OAK tube as well, That tube was white with frost the past two nights,

I did notice the heat output was higher with pine pellets as well,

Status
Not open for further replies.