could have used Kenny's Grammy and Katheen's chicken tonight . . .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
lmao the ants must have been another girl.

Nope. The specialty of a guy you said you were a fan of previously.

OK. Rick has me out owled. I yield. And save a few bucks.

I'll be happy to send you a copy as well, BroB...you probably have barred owls around you. During their mating season from late winter into early spring, they're very vocal (and very visible). Their distinctive call has been characterized as "Who who who who cooks for you". I bet you've heard it many times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fppKGJD3Y6c

fossil said:
I'll be happy to send you a copy as well, BroB...you probably have barred owls around you. During their mating season from late winter into early spring, they're very vocal (and very visible). Their distinctive call has been characterized as "Who who who who cooks for you". I bet you've heard it many times.

I've heard some thing similar around here. Kinda cool.

fossil said:

Yep. Hear the suckers all the time. But have never seen one of the darn things. Now hawks, that is a whole nother story. Up to my ears in the things.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
firebroad said:
This reminded me of something that happened nearly a half a century ago.
True Story--

It was about 1967, and I was a skinny teenager living at home, was in the back wooded part mucking about around sundown. I heard a rustling sound, froze, and realized it was a person approaching from the access road. As almost no one went in that part of the woods, I made my way back towards home, spotted the axe I had been using earlier (this was a LONG time ago), picked it up, and in my toughest sounding girl voice called out "Who is it?" My heart was pounding when my cousin Billy Banjou emerged and remarked, "Who the h--l are you supposed to be, Daniel Boone?"

I had to endure at least two years of everyone who knew Billy calling me Daniel Boone, and whistling the TV theme song at me.

p.s. --I had no real intention of using that axe--I wanted the unknown stranger to think it was a rifle and go away.

Sue, how does an axe look like a rifle??????

It was pretty dark, I was hoping whoever it was would not notice and back off. Billy, of course, could not have cared less; he knew no matter what I had been toting, I was harmless. :roll:

PapaDave said:
I could use a free water truck.
Oh, and Jake, did these "Amish" think the cow was in your living room? Crazy Amish.
I love happy endings.

I think they were looking in the woods near my house and a beam of light from their flashlight just happened to flash into the house . . . and honestly I wouldn't be surprised . . . there have been two or three times now when I've woke up and wandered outside only to find horse-shoe prints in my lawn or fresh horse cookies deposited in my driveway . . . for a while I thought the Amish youth were pranking me . . . now I think the horses that get loose once in awhile just come up to nibble on the apples that drop off the apple trees in my yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.