Country Flame Harvester Newbie!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2014
Indiana
Hi there, I am new to this site and also new to owning a pellet stove. I just bought an '03 country flame harvester HR-01 from craigslist. I knew it needed a control panel... I replaced it, and have found that the auger in the hopper that delivers the pellets into the stove is not working. I have coded it and it says all is well, but the manual states that it won't tell if there is a motor issue. Would this be the auger motor needing to be replaced also? Thanks in advance!
Kristi

Hi Kristi, Welcome to the forum and sorry no one got back to you sooner.

Do you have a copy of the manual? American Energy seems to have a fair bit on their website however the oldest manual available of the harvester is 09 so many be different from you particular stove ... http://www.americanenergysystems.com/Stock/LibraryFiles/Harvester_V60drev12-19-091.pdf

Remember to unplug stove when working on it... Have you confirmed that the hopper lid safety switch is wired up and functioning (making contact)? This will prevent the auger from turning. Failing that, you could pull the auger to make sure it is not jammed by materials in the flight. The motor can be tested independently by a regular household cord with addition of ends that correspond to the ones used on the wiring harness where the auger leads connect (crimp on are safest route to go). There is a troubleshooting sheet on how to replace the motor should you need to.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Lake Girl is giving some good advice.
To check the lid switch Slowly close the lid and listen for a faint Click when the lid is approx. 1 inch from being closed.
When you first light the stove the auger won't turn for several minutes. This allows the flame to establish a bed of coals.
If you hold the on button for about a minute the auger should run to prime the auger tube if it is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.