Country hearth 2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Waynelong

Apr 14, 2016
Rich va
i have burned this stove all winter. When I first bought it I could pretty much chock out fire with the slide are dampener. Just noticed today that this thing is burning pretty hard with dampener completely closed. I'm gonna let it cool and confirm the ash plug is in place. The gasket on door look good and I also used flashlight to verify seal.

Could be that everything is ok. The air control doesn't close the air off completely. Perhaps this is a good section of dry wood or the wood needed all winter to dry out thoroughly.

Could be that everything is ok. The air control doesn't close the air off completely. Perhaps this is a good section of dry wood or the wood needed all winter to dry out thoroughly.
I'm rationing dry wood. I am burning green wood 50/50. I'm new to stoves how can I tell from hot enough to heat and to hot? I had a poorly made stove run away on my wife will I was sleeping (night shift). Cherry red stove and base of cap was red. Is there a gauge I can put on pipe on chimney near stove?

Stove top thermometers are available at any stove store and at ACE Hardware. With that stove 550 after the initial charring burn, which should not get to over 650 degrees, is cruising temperature. When the load starts getting to 400 on the stove top start shutting it down in increments until the fire settles in.

When that green wood starts to dry out in the stove all hell can break loose. Should happen about an hour after you put that dry and wet wood in the stove.

But while it is doing it, it is lining your chimney with wet creosote and if the cap was red you had a chimney fire from that creo lighting off.

Last edited: