Craigslist ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good deal like that will go real quick, so I copy/pasted the ad before it's gone.
2 huge red oaks- wood for sale (Port Deposit, MD)
Date: 2009-10-26, 12:17PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Two very old (3-4 ft in diameter trunk) straight trunked red oaks for sale for lumber/firewood. You take them down/ process the wood. Very straight trunked, and great for veneer wood. Full canopy and limbs great for firewood. Need these trees taken down ASAP. Make an offer

lol id LOVE to pay you for what you prolly got a quote of a thousand bucks (or more) to have done by a pro....never mind those power lines and neighbor house lol

You mean I went out and got this insurance policy for nothing?

SolarAndWood said:
You mean I went out and got this insurance policy for nothing?

No! No of course not. Just look at it as doing your part to stimulate the economy. Have you ever seen kindling so elegant? Exercise is good for you! By going to a public place you have proven you are NOT a hermit or eccentric..er well sort of...though maybe not to the oil companies and some of the rest of us think it just might be novel. Don't feel bad if we didn't spend the money on it. It helps you be unique!

I agree these people must be nuts, but then take a look at this ad, from a guy who says he's willing to do it:

Craiglist ad

Thanks for the clarity Cave. Thinkin I'll save the policy money and put it in the beer fund as long as there is free wood already blocked and on the ground to be had.

lol he says its for this season as well

Keep in mind that the suckers near a big city are willing to pay $200 for a FACE cord, just to toss into their fireplaces a few times each winter, so maybe these big old trees are worth their weight in gold, like the homeowners think.

The take the tree down and you can have it ads always come down pretty quick here. Even the ones requiring insurance. Someone is doing it or they are finding a cheaper pro who is watching the ads for ooportunities.

dave11 said:
I agree these people must be nuts, but then take a look at this ad, from a guy who says he's willing to do it:

Craiglist ad

I've posted on Craigslist before wanting to cut tree's. I removed a little over a cord of ash tree's for a guy a while back. Said I would take anything larger then 3-4 inches and wouldn't work near power lines, houses, buildings etc. The guy helped us stacked the branches as my dad and I cut, it worked out well for both of us.

I have scrounged down trees for wood. I may cut a tree for wood but it would have to be well out of the way of anything.

I totally agree but the likelihood of two oaks that size not being in the way of anything is slim

I agree. I got lucky and the ones I cut up had fallen on church property. 2 big oaks and I was crying uncle...then an ash fell...3 more loads, then a small hickory. I think I had 3.5 cords just from that place!

Very common type of ad around here. Always amazes me. But so does the "free wood" posting of 3 rotten fence boards, 2 painted 2x4's and a 3 foot 4x4. I once saw bags of oak leaves for sale.

CowboyAndy said:
ive got grass clippings for sale, great for compost. all you have to do is cut and they are yours...

That is funny.
I will give mine away for free just cut and take, and right now there is a special going on I will throw in a mix of free leaves.

I went to cut up a down tree one time and when I got there the lady wanted me to clean her gutters and a bunch of other stuff. She was rounding the corner to show me another list of chores and I said, hang on, let me grab my gloves or saw...got in the truck and left her standing in the drive...

Yea lots of great free adds on CL, I always enjoy the pics of old dirty toilets.

I got a nice "FREE" ash tree from a guy's front yard. It was BIG at the bottom and split off into four different main trunks.....I swear I got almost two full cord from the thing and ........

All it cost me was a couple of saw chains a axe handle (don't ask) and the headache of 20 yards worth of nails, dog chain, rail road spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.