Craigslist Not so average bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Papa CA.jpg

The only thing very strange is the ash fender not made correctly. But if you're going to find an oddly built Fisher they seem to show up in northern CA.
3 piece tops were made before finned draft caps so they normally show up with the original pipe cap dampers and solid ball handle, not the later 4 fin cap and stainless spring. And it's missing the adjustable ball feet for leveling.
Doesn't seem to be much paint on it for a never fired stove. Only pictures of the inside can determine that.
There are some refurbishers in CA customizing Fishers and many unexplained photos have been sent to me from there.

Papa Bear side vent from Boise Idaho.jpg This is a good example of a 3 piece top Papa with time period correct handle and pipe cap dampers and ball feet. This one has been cleaned up and in my collection shipped from Boise Idaho.

Papa NEW Texas 12-13 5.JPG This is the inside of an unfired Papa Bear, not considered good condition but it could be cleaned up with metal polish and some time.

Back to my theory of strange California stoves;

Papa 8.JPG What appears to be a newer box with bent top with old pipe caps and solid handle?

Baby Bear Napa 1 650.jpg Same combination on this Baby Bear.

Napa Baby Painted Door 7.jpg Spring loaded door I can't confirm original Fisher part.

Nickel plated door ready for paint.JPG Customized nickel plated door Nickel Mama 7.jpg Nice but not original.

Napa 3.jpg Plated Furniture style legs (originally painted black)

I can't explain this Baby Bear VI made in June of 1980 with the discontinued flat top door, and Fireplace Legs on a Baby Bear ???

Baby 1.jpg New style box VI for 1980 with discontinued door and tag on shield to prove date made. Obviously they had an old door to throw on with new bent handle. Custom paint job with Metallic Stove Bright to boot.
Only in California !

Baby 9.jpg Baby 8.jpg

Thanks for the info I'm still searching for a papa bear to replace my 28000 buck your information on these stoves really has taught me alot

Status
Not open for further replies.