craigslist score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chopp056

Dec 17, 2015
Virginia
Ive been known to scoop up a little free wood off craigslist for firewood, beats felling and hauling out of the woods sometimes but this was a huge pile of wood. I even called my buddy and we filled up 2 trucks and a trailer we probably didnt even get a third of it and it was sitting curb side.. Im thinking tulip poplar?? If it wasn't raining and if I hadnt been working on wood for a couple days already I would have gone back for 2nds but traffic and weather is a mess out there today..

As we pulled up and the white truck is blocking the other half
clwood2_zpswjpbs7id.jpg

What I came away with. 2 6ft truck beds full and a utility trailer
clwood_zpsledfkeyw.jpg

Yep, classic Tulip bark. Sometimes you will see tinges of yellow, green or purple in the splits. I've been using it for kindling or quick shoulder loads....lotta those this year. :oops:

Last edited:
Good thing it's already cut into firewood lengths. There's a nail or three in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.