Crank Those Puppies Up When It's Windy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sydney1963

Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2008
Windham Maine
Just observing different temps when not windy and with high winds. What a difference. The last week the temps have been in the teens with no wind and settings on stove at 1-2 and keeping the house quite warm. Today the temp is in the 40s to near 50 with 25 mph winds with gust up to 50. Cranked the stove to 2-3 and it took quite some time to get the temp to 70. Just an observation when trying to figure out what settings you should leave your stove at when away from the home or at night when asleep. Your thoughts?

keep the house at one set temp 24/7. Easier and more efficent. I boost house with forced hot air oil heat when needed. Keep between 67-69 all the time. ANd I live in Maine.

No doubt that when it is windy the stove has to work much harder. On a windy day it is amazing the infiltration of air into your home no matter how tight or well insulated you perceive your house to be.

Mine is on thermostat, it does it's thing without my interference.

Mine is on the skytech stat. It's a beautiful thing
this wireless little gem!

Status
Not open for further replies.