Creasote scrubber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a woodturner and I get a lot of wood shavings . When I recently bought a wood gasification boiler,ewb-100 econoburn, I was told not to put wood shaving in it. That it could make an explosive situation in the burn chamber down below,this I could understand having tried to burn these shavings in various stoves before.

In a recent thread with someone he mentioned trying to layer the shavings and cordwood splints I use. I did and got spectacular results.One thing I have noticed is a great reduction in creasote.I opened it up the other day and saw that the shavings were wet with creasote,and on there way down to the combustion zone,at the bottom of the top chamber.

So for what it is worth thought I'd spread the word,perhaps everyone already knows this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.