Critique my nerdery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

anno Domini

Jan 15, 2024
Mi
😕

IMG_20240215_105250_3_kindlephoto-396822789.jpg

you would have to explain a bit more, as I am puzzled by the graph: it seems to suggest that the air intake setting determines the moisture content and BTU?

I can see how BTU output of a stove would be a function of the time into the burn.
But the other data (MC and air intake) don't compute for me, in both their relation and their presence in the graph.

Bottomline: please provide a caption to your figure, explaining what is plotted (and why).

Relative air intake is user determined: even if your stove's intake is set only half open, for the function of this graph it's "relatively" at 100% The x-axis is basically just time while user adjusts air intake.

Thank you for the input.

Sure.
But how does the moisture content factor into what you do with the air intake?