Ct. I84 Eastbound Exit 5

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Belly

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2011
Connecticut
I was driving to work this afternoon and noticed the state taking down trees along the interstate....right after Exit 5 (eastbound)....a lot of wood cut from 16 inches to 4 feet....gonna have to make a stop on the way home tonight....dunno what I'm grabbing in the dark, but the Wife is gonna have a bird when she sees my truck loaded up in the morning

Be careful, I would check the laws out. Unless that is if you like talking to the local law enforcement. Our state would have you taking a DNA test, or any other type they could think of, and maybe a cavity search. I hate seeing all that wood go to waste but I dislike interaction with the police more than missing out on wood. :gulp:

Yeah be careful. i think you need a permit to do stuff like that.

Leave a little early tomorrow & talk to the guys cutting. They may know the "inside track" about taking the wood. :)
Sometimes the contractor has rules they need to follow.

Beer Belly said:
I was driving to work this afternoon and noticed the state taking down trees along the interstate....right after Exit 5 (eastbound)....a lot of wood cut from 16 inches to 4 feet....gonna have to make a stop on the way home tonight....dunno what I'm grabbing in the dark, but the Wife is gonna have a bird when she sees my truck loaded up in the morning
Looked on the way home......just a couple of 4 footers left.....looks like Ash....too big for me to lift on my own....oh well....If I see them tomorrow, I'll stop and ask

Status
Not open for further replies.