cull logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainstation

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
N.Ont.
Thinking about buying a truck load of cull logs, mixed hardwood. I can get a truck and pup trailer for about $1500-1700. CDN. How many (face 4x4x 16") cords of wood should I expect?

If you're talking about the self loader type trucks that tow the pup trailer they run 10-11 full cord. In WI they run $1300 on up for mixed hardwood depending on how far they haul.

Der Fiur Meister said:
If you're talking about the self loader type trucks that tow the pup trailer they run 10-11 full cord.
My wood guy has a self-unloader with pup. He uses the pup when delivering to the mills but leaves the pup off delivering firewood. Without the pup, he can carry 12 cord. I'm guessing the pup can carry 6 cord so that would be 18 cord total.

Status
Not open for further replies.