Damn is it cold.... I need remote start :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Hearth Supporter
Dec 11, 2005
nw burbs of Chi
Its a lil colder tonight than its been the past few weeks. Problem is I had to work late, so the fire from this morn was completely dead.... Its taking a long time to warm the house back up.... Sure I could turn on the furnace....

Remote start on a woodburning insert would be kickass......

Get married.

Getting married doesn't work. My wife will sit in the stove room with her winter coat on.

don't let Marty see that suggestion I think he has some views about that arrangement

BrotherBart said:
Get married.

I must be lucky Bro B, my girl friend starts the fire if she gets to it first. Didn't even have to threaten her with getting married.

My wife tried yesterday to keep the stove going....she tried......she forgets the new splits need air....shes good at making smoke tho. More training is in the works.

When I had the ol Fisher heating the house my wife was pretty good about starting the fire up long as I had enough wood split and everything ready to go.

Now that the pellet stove is doing the work she pours the 40 pound bags when it needs it.

My wife has one hell of a time getting a fire going, she is too impatient. Eventually she gets it going. She tends it through out the day when Im gone. She doesn't want to see the LP furnace kicking on, and wood is the only thing that will warm her up. We burn 24 hours a day, so she tends it and I tend it. Basically, I'm her remote start, LOL thats okay!

I am married, but we both get off at the same time :(

Jake said:

Resist it.... Resist it.... Not going there.....

:ahhh:

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
Jake said:

Resist it.... Resist it.... Not going there.....

:ahhh:

Matt

OOhh I cant resist. The man has know idea what hes saying he put a :( where 12 :) 's should be!!

Jake said:

Pictures?? ;-P

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.