Danfoss 1.5" Discontinued?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avc8130

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 6, 2010
God's Gift to Gassification
I haven't played around with my boiler plumbing in a while, and I am looking at adding an undergound run from my basement out to my shop to run a water/air exchanger in the propane furnace out there. With the pipes "open" I was thinking it might be a good idea to add some return water protection.

I started looking for a Danfoss (seems popular around here) and I see they discontinued the 1.5" model. Will 1.25" be ok?

I have 1.5" iron pipe from my supply and return. It necks down to 2 major "trunks":

1. (Future): 1" PEX to/from shop.
2. (Current): 1.5" Cast Iron that tees to 3/4" copper for my indirect and 1" copper continuing to my 5 zone manifold.

I realize the Danfoss needs to wind up between the boiler and EVERYTHING else on both the supply and return so I was hoping to use 1.5".

Will I be ok with the 1.25" they sell?

Here are some pics:

Supply:

Return:

ac

Status
Not open for further replies.