DANG IT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseRedHoofbeats

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 7, 2010
San Antonio, TX
So I see this ad on Craigslist:

I have just cut down a large sugar maple tree that has been dead for years. it is cut and ready for pick up, The base is about 49 inches in circ.

I IMMEDIATELY called and it's already gone. It went up THREE HOURS ago. >.<

~Rose

Yup - happens like that sometimes.

Shari

In your area, probably doubly so. Folks would be at that like flies around .........stuff.

Yep. Here,too. You actually have to be AT the scrounge and have the wood loaded within a half hour/ hour , or forget it. MADDENING! :ahhh:

RoseRedHoofbeats said:
So I see this ad on Craigslist:

I have just cut down a large sugar maple tree that has been dead for years. it is cut and ready for pick up, The base is about 49 inches in circ.

I IMMEDIATELY called and it's already gone. It went up THREE HOURS ago. >.<

~Rose

I hear you, I answered an ad from a rancher that had elm for free. It took like a week just to get to talk to him, he'd had so many calls he wanted to meet me first, almost like ajob interview! Good thing I showed up with a truck, trailer, chaps and saw - I guess he thought I knew what I was doing. I can now cut all the dead elm I want on his ranch, middle of nowhere and no competition. Once you get to know a couple folks, it really helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.