Dang you PINE!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

backpack09

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
Rochester, Mass
Woke up saturday morning and the house was chilley (60ish). I built my usual morning fire, but this load was entirely pine.

Fire started at 730.

I had to open the windows and doors at 830!

Pine is the DEVIL's wood!!!

Throw it into the river! If it floats it's a witch and should be burned!

Matt

lol. Your gonna burn your house down, kid.

Bigg_Redd said:
Pine causes chimney fires. And pine deflowers the young ladies.
don't forget "pine kills puppies."

Man, I'm totally with you. I had to build a separate section on my wood holder to hold the pine. That's allowed me to use mostly pine to get the fire going in the evenings...and in the mornings. Thus, I'm saving all the hardwoods for overnight burns and when the temps gets colder. Friggin' PINE!

The only way to really get rid of pine is to cut it into pieces, chop it and burn it. Otherwise, it just stands around looking sappy.

must have been hard pine
eastern pine would have been ash by 8:30 :)

billb3 said:
must have been hard pine
eastern pine would have been ash by 8:30 :)
he forgot to mention the reloads at 7:45, 8:00, and 8:15...

Pins is fine

Backpack09 said:
Woke up saturday morning and the house was chilley (60ish). I built my usual morning fire, but this load was entirely pine.

Fire started at 730.

You don't know it yet, but your rtoubles have only just begun. You're now also impotent and all but three hairs will fall from your head.

Nothing good will come from cavorting with pine :eek:hh:

I merely read the title and my stove no longer drafts.

mayhem said:
Backpack09 said:

Fire started at 730.

You don't know it yet, but your rtoubles have only just begun. You're now also impotent and all but three hairs will fall from your head.

Oh no !!!!

* runs to the bathroom **

I'm so lost. Guess I need to just stay away from pine.

Rockey said:
I merely read the title and my stove no longer drafts.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew someone round here was burnin pine...the mountain lions are out in force. that thing about hair...totally true...ask my dad (only 3 hairs remaining,sad).

Last time I burned pine the villagers were in my yard with pitchforks!!

I have also heard that you shouldn't throw water on burning pine...causes the fire to spread like napalm...baking soda, keep some handy.

Have some red, white and pitch that I cut and split just about a year ago. No pine has yet to enter my stove though in the 23 years it's been running. Might just give it to the neighbors when they come and ask for some splits for ther fire pits.

Being a curious sort I wanted to try pine for myself. When I began cutting into the beast my Husky 455 began morphing into a Poulan Wild Thing. Never will I try to cut pine again.

Status
Not open for further replies.