Days away from purchasing a Jotul C450...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That stove has been in the line a long time. The only change that has been made in the last few years is that it is now offered with a single door also. Most matte black stoves with need to be painted at some point in there lifetime of use. Im sure they would be able to touch it up on site for you. But at the end of the day you have to be happy with the fix. You are the customer and you just spent a fair amount of money on the new unit.

jotulguy said:
That stove has been in the line a long time. The only change that has been made in the last few years is that it is now offered with a single door also. Most matte black stoves with need to be painted at some point in there lifetime of use. Im sure they would be able to touch it up on site for you. But at the end of the day you have to be happy with the fix. You are the customer and you just spent a fair amount of money on the new unit.

Thanks -
I'm sure they are going to offer the touch up route...but it's not even installed yet and I have to have it touched up...that's not fair. All because they didn't remove the doors...that's the finished side and all you look at so you would think that they treat them accordingly. I'm pretty particular about my stuff...not anal...but like things right. I had a F400 in my last house that was about 9 years old without a single scratch. Never repainted...

I'm going to post another thread on the date of manf. question.

So if they "re-touch" isn't the original paint compromised in that location? Is the original "baked" or heat cured? Meaning those "touched up" spots will weather differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.