Dead Red Oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, it is pretty unreal. if you count july we have had even more than that. I think we have had around 8 inches so far in july. looks like we are turning into a rain forest lol.

Hey Plow Boy, you might as well have rain in Iron Station, by the looks of GoogleEarth you don't have much anything else there :)

I was in furniture for quite a long time, High Point, Hickory, and even around Blowing Rock. North Carolina is a great state.

What's that big factory there in Iron Station?

Great haul there, Plow Boy. Red oak is a great wood for fuel, just takes a bit longer to season but well-worth the wait IMO.....
looks like your helper was enjoying time in the woods with you, too! Keep up the good work!

I agree with Rideau on leaving some standing deads for the critters (owls, chippies, squirrels and others), as well as some of the wood that lays on the forest floor.......helps maintain the ecosystem.

Reactions: Plow Boy
Status
Not open for further replies.