Deal that’s too goo to be true???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EbS-P

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2019
SE North Carolina
This came up as a you tube add. Has to be too good to be true right?? It’s so good I’m tempted just to see what shows up in the the mail. (If anything)

1747D95C-C6B5-43CF-95D6-8EE54C6CFE5B.png

It’s $3 off. So tempting just to see what shows!

I'll bet you the purchase price that you don't get a Stihl Product.

Well heck no! But what DO you get???

You probably saw this but the website is caoefe.shop, but made to look like jcpenny. jcpenny has their own site at jcpenny.com

That's already pretty scammy.

ip location points to cloudflare, which is a front end service to defend against certain types of attacks on web servers. It has the side effect of masking the location of the server. The actual site could be located anywhere.

I think there's about a 90% chance that you'd get no chainsaw and a 10% chance of some super cheap junk saw. And 100% that your credit card info get sold to hackers.

But the specs are are an MS880!!! If only they did COD. Is that still a thing?

Reactions: SpaceBus
I have been almost caught on similar scams. I find it on Google Shopping, I will be looking for specific item and the item will show up for 1/2 the price of other suppliers. When I go the website its looks legit but when I go to do an order, I usually get an alert on my citi card that there is a flagged transaction (usually an offshore charge). I have even gotten a text from the scammer that I need to verify the order on my credit card. When I call the credit card company, they ask me if I tried to order something unrelated like ladies clothing from a merchant in China with a sketchy name. I sometimes will see a charge pending on my card and will need to challenge the charge. BTW, if I get text or an email regarding my card, I always call the number on the card, its too easy to spoof a text or an email.

This is offered so that someone gets something out of it. Certainly not going to be you. So I'd resist the temptation to see what'll happen because the cost of that some good will be yours to bear.

Maybe it's a plastic 2" toy model saw or credit card stolen.

PayPal hides your credit card data from vendors, so that should be safer if you can't resist the temptation...

Reactions: EbS-P
I see the cheap postage stamp ad while on this site. Ask the post office about them.

When you get it, you might as well buy a skid steer to move all the wood you will be cutting. Can't let it just sit on the ground.

Skid Loader.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: stoveliker