deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caferacer

Nov 9, 2012
I got this roasting pan to humidify my house. I thought it's hard to beat for $8.

Reactions: chance04
There was a guy here a while ago, had less expensive pots on his stove for moisture. One day the rivets on the handle let go, spilling water out onto a hot stove. Sounded like it was quite the experience, no one was any worse for the wear at the end of it.
I'm sure it'll work just fine, just take the .02 worth of knowledge with you.

Last edited:
Me . . . I think I would stick with something simple . . . cast iron pot or even simple steel.

The pots on the stove really don't put out that much to humidity a room, buy a cheap humidifier from walmart, a 1.5gal sunbeam works great.

There was a guy here a while ago, had less expensive pots on his stove for moisture. One day the rivets on the handle let go, spilling water out onto a hot stove. Sounded like it was quite the experience, no one was any worse for the wear at the end of it.
I'm sure it'll work just fine, just take the .02 worth of knowledge with you.

Yep, been there, done that, 'twernt no fun........ :(

Attachments

• Boiled over 2.jpg
    Boiled over 2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 114
  • Boiled over 3.jpg
    Boiled over 3.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.