Dealers- LOL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realstihl

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 4, 2007
eastern kansas
Went to my local stove dealer the other day just for fun. THey had a Regency F1400 and I fell in love. Very nice looking stove. I asked what the price tag was and he went to his books and said he could sell it for 20% off of retail. $1800.00! I asked if that was bottom dollar and he said yes. He said maybe March there would be a sale but not now. I really like that stove but a little steep for me. They must not be hurting too bad although this guy said it was a slow year. Seems to me if all these businesses are in such trouble, why the same high prices for good and services. I'm done venting. Thoughts?

March is when the IRS takes their pound of flesh from business look for deals then to reduce inventory.

Slow year? Was the dealer on vacation? I figured they would have had a great year this year.

Matt

rowerwet said:
March is when the IRS takes their pound of flesh from business look for deals then to reduce inventory.

Inventory taxes are a local property tax and only around 15 states even have them anymore. There isn't a Federal inventory tax. Most cities/towns waive them for stores like Wal-Mart to induce them to open a store in the area.

prices are due to go up real soon on stoves. I would at least give a deposit to protect that price before it prices go up.

My favorite local stove shop has their stoves marked down from list price year around. They have for the 25 years I have been buying stuff from them.

I'd like to buy local if possible. I see Overstock Stoves has Englanders NC-30on sale again. I may go that route but the Regency just caught my eye and it's a bit smaller. The Regecy Mod # was F2400 not F1400. My mistake. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.