debating new insert...help from the pros

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
new to this website..allthough ive been reading lots on here for weeks now...we bought a house in april ..about 1600 sq feet...it had a 1981 shenendoah fp-i insert in the fireplace..newly installed stainless steel liner that is hooked straight in top of insert.. ive been tinkering with it...it seems to heat pretty good....but what im wondering would a new insert be a good way for me to go?...burn less wood?....the one thing i seem to hate about my set up now is the lack of control i have over the fire...ive got to think with a new insert id have better control...ive pondered on trying to buy a new old insert with a top damper on it....my chimney isnt real tall like.20 feet id say maybe 18 feet..i went stove browsing the other day and man i got the fever now..looked at pacific...quadrafire...regency...do these dealers not sell these stoves below msrp?....any help will be appreiated...im in west virginia

The new unit should us less wood and burn cleaner. This is a tough time to get a good deal. Most dealers are swamped at this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.