Decomp button when starting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Do you use your decomp button

• I use it on occasion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only saw I own with the decompression valve is my MS440 Magnum. Interestingly enough, I rarely use the deco valve on this monster when starting it--it's always been a very smooth starter.....the saw has excellent compression and is a strong runner, it just starts easy which I'm grateful for!!

NP

I can't pull my husky 394 without it. really hurts if you forget and try to start it without. on my other smaller saws there is no need for decmp.

026pro -yes
it's just habit

only time I might not is warmer weather it doesn't like to idle too long, then I might just pull start it quick and rev it up

CrawfordCentury said:
How many here use their decompression buttons when starting your saws?

Personally, I do not. I reckon if I can't get 'er to pop, I'm probably too fatigued to be running the saw safely anyhow.

I always use it, makes starting easier.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.