Deep lintel - Wood insert options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can find dimensional drawings of a Buck 91?
I looked in the brochure (link below) but this doesn't detail how far back from the front the side "windows" terminate.
http://www.buckstove.com/Across-America-May-2013-for-web.pdf

I want to ensure I have adequate space to meet the requirements of page 10 of the installation manual.
"The vertical plane of fireplace front must fall BEHIND side panels of the unit. (In other words, it is possible to have heater too far in as well as not far enough."

http://www.buckstove.com/manuals/wood/91/91-Manual - 01 10 2013.pdf

Call Buck and see if they can supply them to you.

I have centered on the PE Summit or the Quadrafire 5100i.

PE Summit = $2470
Quad 5100i = $2601
tax not included in either. DIY install and picking up myself

Both inserts offer a flue connection that should accommodate the deep lintel I have. Both offer approximately 9" of play between the inner face of the fireplace and the front plane of the flue connection.

The one benefit of the 5100i is that it is 4" narrower, which should minimize any stone fascia remodeling I have to do.
The PE Summit is less expensive, and I have found many positive review, other than the failed welds many have reported.

What does everyone think I should do!!!!

What a journey this has been! Thanks for the advice and help!

Today I ordered a Quadrafire 5100i with the nickel trim, hinges and handle. Should be in by next week, but I won't be able to install it for about two weeks due to vacation.

I'll start a new thread on my install so everyone gets to see the fun I am about to have...

Reactions: Smoked
Status
Not open for further replies.