Definition of smoke dragon ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyCity

Feeling the Heat
Mar 6, 2011
Western Pa
I was browsing the Englander wood furnaces at Home Depot and came across this stove?

View attachment 79709

It has neither CAT nor secondary intake pipes. Is this stove then, a smoke dragon?

What is it about this stove and any other modern stove that has neither CAT nor secondary pipes that distinguishes it from the old smoke dragons of the 70s ?

I am considering this stove for my open 3rd floor loft. 40'x40'

The link didn't work, but ya, that would be a smoke dragon. If it has no other re-burn technology in it (except maybe a baffle) then it's dragon.

I'm surprised Englander would manufacture a smoke dragon.
28-3500.jpg

The link didn't work, but ya, that would be a smoke dragon. If it has no other re-burn technology in it (except maybe a baffle) then it's dragon.

Isn't that their wood furnace add-on?

England Stove Works had a 35 to 1 (Air to Fuel) stove that was EPA exempt. Called FP-12. Maybe that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.