Delivery Prices?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooscooter said:
Haubera said:
Rooscooter said:
In my area most places will deliver for free if you buy 2 tons or more at a time. In 5 years I've yet to pay for delivery.

Sales tax is another issue. I live in Spokane, WA.....about 10 miles or so from Idaho. If I buy pellets in ID there is no tax.....In WA there is a 8.7% tax!
Gosh, who you buying from? Ziggy's charges me $25 per ton to deliver from the store here to my house, standard delivery charge. I'm in Moses Lake. (Bought 3 tons this September.)

Last year Ziggy's delivered 3 tons free. This year it was Parr Lumber that delivered for free (2 ton minimum). A couple of years ago I got free delivery from Ziggy's as well.

Overall, this is the third year that I've used pellet stoves and I've yet to pay for delivery.
Lucky you. I transported my pellets last year by borrowing a trailer from a friend, and this year it was the delivery charge for the 3 pallets... The luck of living in a much smaller town, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.