Dell point europa 75

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Opie17

Jan 18, 2023
Pennsylvania
Bought a used one cheap just got it installed, thought it was supposed to have an inner burn pot, guy I bought if from said he said he didn't think it needed one. Am I going crazy? It's supposed to burn on top of the ash extraction augers?

Should have a inner pipe/tube about 4 inches in diameter with spiral holes inside the outer (6 inch) tube. 3 small ash augers at the bottom, top flat ring holding the inner tube down. I'll look for some pics.... Great stove when working, very efficient...

Thanks for the input, It has what ypu mentioned above. I always though you needed a pot with holes in it. It seemed weird to have so much heat on top of the ash screws. It been working good for me so far. Waiting for all the dreaded problems I keep hearing about. But I only paid 600 and it came with all the vent piping as well.

Any tips on what the ash screws should be set to. I have been keeping them really low. I figure as long as I don't see any still burning pellets in the catch pan I'm good.

Keep the ash screw timing low, yes! And remember, they are stainless steel, they will take a lot, I thought the same thing when i stared burning mine, great stove really... Actually, i had a guy i work with weld a twisted washer onto the middle ash auger and it worked for years.. Efficiency at the max, out of all the wood burning stoves i have ever used, Dell Point got it,,, Canadian company me thinks.... When i got mine, the board was dead, screw fell into the power section. Bought some cyclical timers, and 12 volt speed controls for the motors, thing worked great for 6 years, then the pot burned out, should have bought a new pot, but my buddy was like, hey, i got this Engalnder sitting around, so i went for it... much more adjustable, but i was controlling the Del Point with cheap Chinese Electronics, and this was 10 years ago lol

Don't worry about the ash pan, you will soon realize that it takes a lot to actually burn a pellet, they take a lot of air and heat, in the ash pan, there is none of that, ash pan is wide open, . The dell point feeds pellets from the top down, when it got hot, those fines would catch on fire for me, that's why i sifted, but a i am paranoid , So, feed it slowly !

What do you know about the little doors in on either side of the burn pot and one in the back? I saw the one in the back is for cleaning the fan, but I was wondering about the sides. Is it to control draft or something?

I've had a Paromax Europa in my family room for over 10 years, which I've run every year. I think it's such a great stove I picked up off CL a backup Dell-Point Europa. I haven't needed the backup so it's sat in the basement until this past fall, when my Paromax Europa's motherboard started having problems. I couldn't get the basement DP running because I didn't have a flu installed, and with my family room Europa not running. I did some research and bought a Comfortbilt Serenity. It got rave ratings from a lot of places, including Popular Mechanics. Comfortbilt is the latest, so it has auto ignite and is programmable.

Major difference -- the Europa uses a bag each day on average settings of 2/10 . If it's really cold, I'll raise the heat to 3-5 and use maybe 2 bags. The Comfortbilt burns through a bag in less than a day. One bag will not run overnight. I've heard of people burning 2-3 bags a day. That's a lot of $$ in pellets. The Comfortbilt ashes go into the bottom of the box, where there is a very small tray, and starts to build up around the burn pot, causing your fire to go out. If you don't empty out your ash tray every week, the ashes are a real mess. The Comfortbilt uses a lot of pellets that require a lot of cleaning.

I'm used to the Europa which takes the ashes from the burnpot and drops them into a container beneath the firebox. This makes it so that the Europa really needs less cleaning. I clean maybe every 10 days? I don't have to empty the ash tray, just clean out the burn pot.