Dellpoint GF75. Opinions wanted.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2010
Canada.
Anyone have any of these set up and running? I have 2 in my possesion and have one up and running.

I have past experience with these, but it's limited. Seems to be ok so far.

Crap load of heat out of it. Takes some time for every adjustment, but what a fire and holy heat.

Its in my shop.

I sell them here. Your right about both things:
1. They do require some time to get the settings correct but when dialed in:
2. Crapload of heat from very few pellets.

If you want to see a side by side comparison and you're ever driving thru NY, I can run the Europa at 2lbs per hour and anything else in my showroom at 2lbs per hour or a little more, gobs more heat. The tornado fire and auto ash extraction (that actually works) are just an added plus. Be aware, that these were sold thru regency for a while and during that time the reliability was a little iffy. You can tell if yours is a Regency model if it has a 9 digit serial number.

Glad you like the stove.

I remember your sig, what was your old screen name?

My screen name has been the same.

I have changed the signature a bit.

The two I have are regency units. The one is toast, and the other is working fine. Cleaned it up, lubed the ash extraction augers and cleaned the pot. The motors are a little noisy, but works great.

I have put a few in the field years ago, but hear a lot of people out west heat their whole house with wheat and corn.

I know when regency bought the cad drawings, that nothing fit together. So they had to make adjustments to get the stoves built.

They gave up and gave it back, then they were refined to what you are selling today Franks.

Still cool technology none the less.

I have a Dellpoint/FPI europa 75. Came with the house i bought in the fall.

I love the stove... works very well. My biggest "problem" is that it's in the basement and i'm having problems getting the heat out of the basement and into the rest of the house.

Aside from that, no real issues. My stove doesn't live the Freedom Fuel... gets some monster clinkers after about 5-6 days and needs to be shut down/cleaned out. Have tinkered with the settings to no end but can't seem to crack it. Novice lesson learned: run 8-10 bags of something before buying 2 tons of it from a box store.

Anyways, good luck with the europa. it's a great stove.

What's wrong with the "toasted" unit?

Nothing is wrong with the other one now.
New board and key pad, now up and running.
Cleaned as well as repainted and they both function and look like new.

2 cool units with gobs of heat and uses very little pellets. Now what to do with them??? Lol.

Install fire 1 said:
Nothing is wrong with the other one now.
New board and key pad, now up and running.
Cleaned as well as repainted and they both function and look like new.

2 cool units with gobs of heat and uses very little pellets. Now what to do with them??? Lol.

Errr, use them as refrigerators ???

Can i ask what the board and panel ran you and where you got it?

Franks- is that something you can get? Hoping I don't ever need it but was scared after that flood problem...

I can get those parts and have them drop shipped to you probably within a week or so.
Retail for a new board is about $350.

Status
Not open for further replies.