Did another stove inspection today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

I think its time where an inspection is routine and easy to pass. Instead of some horror story. The stove and hearth fireplace setting was beatufull. Real nice granite field stones

the origing hearth was built just to place a wood stove when this Log cabin was built in the mid 80' The home and setting is nicely done manicured garden plent of tomateos very neat and the 4 acre lot nice

The stove could have not looked better blending in with the granite stones and log cabin setting.
That grey black enamal of the Jotul F 400 could not look any better and what a nice looking stove

This is the home where they took out the Encore going to Goose The encore is very well taken care of and very good condition I stole it for $500
The reason for the change, it put out too much heat made the area unconfortable. I did not say this, but I willing to bet that Castine is going to do the same thing.

I don't know the BTU comparisions but size wise there is not a lot of difference. The people also re lined thie center chimney with 6" 321 ti liner. because the past encore used an 8" flue

Funny when picking up the stove they asked what was the best quality liner so I told them 321 Ti but said 316 Ti was not far behind and will do the job nicely.

This setup is the 5 minute inspection, no issues to clearance, slip joint connector pipe About as clean an installation as possible.
They even painted the connector pipe screw heads black to blend in.

What a nice looking stove, love the black grey enamal look

To tell you the truth I really do not do a whole lot of price comparisions. What is the price comparison of an enamaled Encore compared to this Jotul

I almost bought a white enamel Castine last year. Prices were between $2100-2300.

There are installs that are code compliant? J/K it's nice to hear about the good ones seeing as we tend to hear more about the bad ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.