New Wood Stove and Chimney Liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
2 ply liners suck and filling around it is not a guarantee that the liner will not be touching the bricks unless spacers are used all the way down. It would be much better to install a pre-insulated liner or just insulate the outside of the liner with the wrap.
I don't understand why oval vs round would change anything as far as the crock goes. Either the crock needs work or it doesn't the shape of the liner doesn't matter.

Double wall liners suck.

You don't have enough room for proper pour in insulation in your chimney with a round liner.

So I need to learn the difference between them. So what do I want? Most people call the double wall liner "stainless".

So I need to learn the difference between them. So what do I want? Most people call the double wall liner "stainless".
All metal liners are stainless. There are basically 4 types of ss liners. Regular corrugated light wall which is .005" or .006" thick.

2 ply smooth wall liner which is the same thickness but has an inner overlapping edge that is unsupported on the bottom forming a smooth interior.

Mid weight and heavy wall which are .010" or .015" respectively. They are an interlocking coil which is much more durable and smooth wall.

Rigid pipe which is just sections of pile joined together to form a full liner.

2 ply is the least durable. Rigid and heavy flex are about the same for most durable

Reactions: Hexa Fox
All metal liners are stainless. There are basically 4 types of ss liners. Regular corrugated light wall which is .005" or .006" thick.

2 ply smooth wall liner which is the same thickness but has an inner overlapping edge that is unsupported on the bottom forming a smooth interior.

Mid weight and heavy wall which are .010" or .015" respectively. They are an interlocking coil which is much more durable and smooth wall.

Rigid pipe which is just sections of pile joined together to form a full liner.

2 ply is the least durable rigid and heavy flex are about the same for most durable
Thank you, I will refer to this when trying to figure it out.