Did I just get ripped off?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotdotdot

Jul 26, 2016
Whitehorse, Yukon
Hi All,

First time posting.

I was delivered 2 cords of beetle kill spruce yesterday. Every single piece of wood is rough and soft and shredded at both ends. The wood is definitely wet to touch (it has been raining a lot lately) but most of it appears solid on the inside. At the ends, I can literally chip away at the pieces with my fingers.

Is this wood rotten, or not quite yet rotten? There are a few handfuls of obviously rotten wood (white cells all through the centre), but the insides of most pieces are solid (though soft and wet to touch). I paid a premium for this wood.

I feel as though I've been ripped off and should question the person I got delivery from, but I want to make sure before I proceed as I am a prime candidate for getting ripped off (inexperienced and female).

Thanks all!
Photos attached.

Attachments

• wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 254
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 245
  • wood3.jpg
    wood3.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 280
  • wood4.jpg
    wood4.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 244
To me this wood looks fair at best, not prime but not the worst I've ever seen. Personally I wouldn't want to pay a prime price for beetle killed wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.