Did Travis Industries make their own stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Feb 2, 2013
I am looking at a used 1750 by (what I think is a) Lopi. However, I can not find a Lopi stamp anywhere on the stove. It is labeled as a Travis Industries Stove. Granted I am only looking at several photos online and have not actual looked at the stove in person. According to the label on the back, the stove is from 2008.

Did Travis Industries make their own line of stoves for a period of time?

If 2008 that would have been the first year for the 1750. The manual from that time calls it a Travis 1750.

Reactions: Mark from Maine
That is an interesting bit of info! Did they make any changes when the went to the Lopi label? Are there any concerns on buying the Travis stove vise the Lopi stove?

All the same big factory. It's just a label. This was also sold under the Avalon Spokane name IIRC. The differences are cosmetic. Different door style and slightly different pedestal.

My understanding is Travis Industries is the parent company of Lopi. In 1988 someone purchased Lopi and Avalon, best I remember his first name was Travis he called the company Travis industries.

Lopi, Travis ind, Avalon, Fireplace Extradonaire are all the same company. Lately they’ve done some simplification. Eliminating Avalon is one thing they did. With so many lines in the different brands it was confusing. Avalon and FPX were both established companies that Travis Ind. bought up.