Did you know this was available here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many water/convective stoves in Europe. Few I can find in the US.

Our home has hydronic radiant concrete slabs and a low design heat load(23,000Btu/hour @ 0::F). This Walltherm product is ideal. However, the price places it in a category that isn't near competitive with our current options.

I suppose there are not enough small heat load hydronic installations stateside for a native manufacturer to profitably sell a small water/convective stove. An inexpensive water/convective stove would be a great fit in my home. Currently, if the hydronic floor is not used, the stand alone stove heats the house. Works fine, but the ideal arrangement would keep the floor system warm and have the hot stove to gather around.

I heard that Effecta is coming out with a smaller boiler later this year. I think it was 25000 btu or so.

So many water/convective stoves in Europe. Few I can find in the US.

Our home has hydronic radiant concrete slabs and a low design heat load(23,000Btu/hour @ 0::F). This Walltherm product is ideal. However, the price places it in a category that isn't near competitive with our current options.

I suppose there are not enough small heat load hydronic installations stateside for a native manufacturer to profitably sell a small water/convective stove. An inexpensive water/convective stove would be a great fit in my home. Currently, if the hydronic floor is not used, the stand alone stove heats the house. Works fine, but the ideal arrangement would keep the floor system warm and have the hot stove to gather around.
check out hydrotoheatconvertor.com, He has a nice selection of stoves that will do that sort of heat loss, and aren't the price of that gassifier. he's the distributor of that gassifier too.
the difference is going to come in the balance of system to move the heat around like you want.
my place is similar heat losses, and I'm waiting for a while, and then putting in an effecta to heat 2 houses and a shop.

karl

check out hydrotoheatconvertor.com, He has a nice selection of stoves that will do that sort of heat loss, and aren't the price of that gassifier...
Karl, Thanks for the link. Looks like the output and balance would work well. The units look good. The stand alone stoves are priced ~$5,000 and up. The gasser is ~$1,500 more. I think we will wait to see how the market develops. Thanks again, Jim

my complete living room is easily covered in fly ashe. progress stove 3.0 cu ft box.. BUT we do not have a collectibles house or a better homes n garden house.. ive an ashe vac every few days I suck up the mantle n stuff n spring wipe it all down wella.. ive a very good draft no back puffs etc so I not sure where all the ashe is coming from no leaks in piping etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.