diesel war?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the inline 6 wasn't a highly durable design it wouldn't be so prevalent- and it is prevalent- in the big over the road semis. A V-8 has no durability advantage. You're making comparisons between small displacement I-6s and big displacement V8s, which is apples to oranges.

I was making comparisons amongst engines commonly found in pickup trucks.. Not passenger cars or OTR semi's. (Talk about apples and oranges.....) If the I6 is all that and a bag of chips, why is nearly every pickup on the road a V6 or a V8? Inline engines outside of four-bangers are a rarity these days. You would think there is plenty of room under the hood to fit an I6 in most full size pickups so why isn't happening more often? With modern day fuel injection the plumbing would be dirt simple too. There has to be a reason they are not offering an I6 in base model pickups...... ;)

Early 80s was a good time to go picking on V8 Camaros/Mustangs with sub-200hp V8s. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.