Difference between Englander 30NC and Summers Heat 30LC?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
I need the model that can heat 2,200 sqft.

http://www.englanderstoves.com/30-nc.htmlStove I want to buy..Englander Brand... 30-NC based on great reviews on this very site.

Stove I see on Craigslist SNC-30 LC for less than half list price....brand new but a little dusty. :)
See the attached pictures. You can even see the heat exchangers.

I'd like to move on this stove right away as it is listed for a great price. Is this the same stove?

Thanks guys! Quick feedback is appreciated :)

summersheat3.jpg summersheat2.jpg summersheat1.jpg

Same stove. The difference is in some trimmings, depending on the box store that sells it.

Buy it, and be quick about it.

Hope you got it already. That should go very quickly.

Grab that bad boy. And congratulations on being the only person in years to not call it a NC-30. ;lol

Thanks guys! I contacted him...i'm waiting on a reply.
This stove is for next winter, so I'm not in a rush, but I love a good deal!!!

If you can call him, do it. That stove should go very quickly at that price.

Unfortunately, my experience on CL has been, if it seems to be a really good deal, there is no phone #, and they don't return email quickly, you will never hear from them, or if you do, it is only to say sold. But I hope you have better luck than me!

Grab that bad boy. And congratulations on being the only person in years to not call it a NC-30. ;lol
Label on box in photo says SNC30LC. Seems even the manufacturer / resellers can't keep it straight.

its the exact same stove , the "SNC-30LC" simply means it was sold through Lowes, Lowes buys our "Summer's heat" brand named for Robert Summers England. its a 2011 or older as it doesn't show the blower as standard. comes with "brushed nickel" trim on the front top and ash lip also the handles are nickel.looking at the pictures I see no issues to worry about , the trim is "snap on" so if you like it , that top one will simply snap back I place , if you don't , it slips right off. as for the dust , wipe it down with a dry cloth or one with a very slight dampness to it , the stove hasn't been burned yet so the surface should clean up pretty easily. be advised as well, first fire will stink, the curing process for the oils in the steel and the paint gives an odor of burnt celery for about 45 minutes or so.

hope you get the stove, its an awesome heater

Reactions: Ashful and jeff_t
Status
Not open for further replies.