Difference between stove and insert flue collar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenlloyd

Sep 14, 2011
des moines, IA
I have searched on this topic and found nothing specifically about it so I'll post this up.

Avalon manuals for the Olympic, Rainier and Pendleton say the flue collar for the stove is shorter than that for the insert. The Olympic flue collar is 1" for stove and 2" for insert. For the Pendleton and Rainier the flue collar is .75" for stove and 1.5" for insert.

I have a feeling that the reason is because of the connection type but I want to hear about this from members with more exposure than I have.

Further, is the difference between the two collars critical for making the appropriate connection? I.e. can an appliance with the 'stove' flue collar be connected be connected to the flex liner connector for insert?

I've asked Avalon about this but have yet to get a response about it.

Thanks
Steve A

Status
Not open for further replies.