Differences In baffles between Osburn 2301 vs. 2302?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadiangirl

Oct 4, 2015
Manitoba
Hi
Looking for some help. I bought an osburn 2300 in 2012 and have never used it (don't ask lol). I'm trying to sell it. It is a 2301 model. I cannot find the vermiculite baffle anywhere and believe now that it does not have one. Only the c-cast baffle. Osburn then made the 2302 model which has the vermiculite baffle board. Why did they change the baffle style? What are the pros and cons of these two baffle styles?

Interesting. The c-cast baffle was always a big marketing point. Have the emissions gone down in the newer model?

Reactions: Canadiangirl
Welcome to the forums!

I have no idea why they changed it. Mine is a 2301 model and it works great. The ONLY downside is that it takes a bit more time to get the secondaries going as there is no insulation on top of the C-Cast baffle. Their website states that the model still has a C-Cast baffle. My C-Cast has not warped and nor does it seem close to warping.

Andrew

Reactions: Canadiangirl
Status
Not open for further replies.