1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Different font sizes?

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by Gary_602z, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Hey Craig I have noticed in some posts that different font sizes will pop up in a sentence, I notice it quite a bit in some of your post in the Ash Can, but then I just saw it in Backwoods post in A Time for a Chuckle or Two. Something on my end?

Gary

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Nah. It is when somebody cuts and pastes from somewhere that is in a different font.
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Yeah, the editor acts funny when you paste stuff in it......

One solution is to first paste it in a bare bones text editor (notepad, etc.). The new version of the forum software has an upgraded editor -that's the box where we do all the writing! Of course, it is likely to behave funny with cut and paste also, but it would be nice if there was a button which said
    "normalize text" or something like that.
  4. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    You can do it simply by putting in whatever you're gonna put in from wherever you got it in whatever font...then highlight the entire text content and specify a font. It should all straighten right out in the same font throughout.