Disconnected the FV today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much wood do you burn in a month?

Good question, wish I knew the answer. I burned thru about 3.5 cords between Dec. 8 and the end of April last year, with a couple of weeks of not burning thrown in.

Anyone know if the new screen set up is retro-fittable? Couldn't keep the first set in for the life of me, the replacement set (identical) have stayed put so far..

You are lucky too...now that they have replaced the original iconal screen with a great appearing design, you won't have the one headache most of us earlier purchasers had, the original screen.
So, I truely would anticipate smooth sailing for you with the PH.

Enjoy!

Anyone know if the new screen set up is retro-fittable? Couldn't keep the first set in for the life of me, the replacement set (identical) have stayed put so far..

Yes it is! Call them up and ask for one.

I was just heating too much space with it. As apparently happens to many folks, now that we have wood heat the family seems to want to keep the house much warmer than we used to - i.e. closer to 70 than 60 (we used to consider 65 to be on the warm side). So trying to heat 2500? sqft (not 100% sure actually but that is another story) of living area with the FV when it got really cold was just not working as well as I liked. So once I read about the PH I rather figured that spec wise it had the heat output that we could use so here I am.

In a sense the wife is happy enough to heat with oil next week. Although she is willing to manage the stove I think she is going to have her hands quite full with the kids and her work as it is. One less thing to do will be on step farther from insanity for her which is likely better for the family and worth the investment in oil.

Yes indeed. We know how those kids are so full of energy and she will have her hands full. ;lol I wish we were closer as we would gladly help out. We really enjoyed being around your whole family.

I really wish I had more house because I really wanted that PH, beautiful stove! Too much stove for my house though (only 1400 sq.ft.), the fireview will be perfect but we need some cold weather here so I can see what this thing can do........

dylskee, we are both in the same boat.

Good question, wish I knew the answer. I burned thru about 3.5 cords between Dec. 8 and the end of April last year, with a couple of weeks of not burning thrown in.

Let's put this into perspective too. HH's house is a big old farmhouse and if that were not enough, it sits on a hill (hence, the name) so it is going to catch that cold wind. It is a beautiful house and she has it furnished beautifully. Her wood is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.