Dissassembled and cleaned inside last night-how does it look?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
I burned from early October until about mid-April last year and swept my chimney twice, but didn't get around to cleaning inside. I took it all apart last night and I didn't think the buildup was too bad for a whole season-I'd say it was about an 1/8" thick in most spots:

Straight section of double wall stove pipe:
New017.jpg

Looking into the mouth of the chimney itself (18" horizontal section of Class A into Class A Tee):
New018.jpg

New019.jpg

I ran my 6" brush through it no problem. This weekend I'll clean top to bottom and will be ready for another season.

*EDIT* I just realized that in the bottom two pics you can see one of those bastard stink bugs in the flue! I hope he and all his buddies are hanging out in there when I get the first fire of the season going...

Badfish740 looks good, I'll be doing ours for the first time this weekend so I'll post the pictures Sunday night. We starting burning in April of 2009 and cleaned our outside chimney at the end of December of 2009.

Some people in my area have to clean that out a couple of times a year.

zap

Looked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.