1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

DIY Firewood Cart

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Cazimere, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cazimere

Cazimere Member

Loc:
    Delmarva
    I made this firewood cart from a Dolly i picked up at a yard sale for 5 $. Added a piece of scrap metal to make the bottom wider,
    and a piece of plywood on the back. Cut an old piece of galvanized pipe and bolted it to the chassis for a
    hinged leg that folds up when not in use. I load it as i split, and roll it right into the house : ))

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. adamant

adamant New Member

great idea.
  3. PSYCHO

PSYCHO New Member

Loc:
    Newburgh, NY
    Nice job! If my stove was more efficient, I'd adapt that idea. But the 20 pieces of wood shown wouldn't get me very far.... But again, good ingenuity.
  4. Cazimere

Cazimere Member

Loc:
    Delmarva
    Psycho, thats just what i use to move the wood inside. I keep better than 1/2 a cord by the stove.

Attached Files:

5. granpajohn

granpajohn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maryland
    I wouldn't want to doubt anything I read on Hearth.com, but based on the posted photo...
    ...am I the only one that finds it unusual to have 1/4 cord of unsplit rounds indoors next to the (quite attractive) stove? Does Mrs. Caz allow this? (Or shouldn't I bring that up?)
    Just curious.
  6. Cazimere

Cazimere Member

Loc:
    Delmarva
    [/quote]
    QUOTE: Grampajohn: I wouldn't want to doubt anything I read on Hearth.com, but based on the posted photo...
    ...am I the only one that finds it unusual to have 1/4 cord of unsplit rounds indoors next to the (quite attractive) stove? Does Mrs. Caz allow this? (Or shouldn't I bring that up?) :QUOTE
    [/quote]

She did mention it once.
    I helped her pack : )
  7. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Nice setup but I find the small wheels on those barrel-cart type two wheelers make for a bit of a challenge rolling on irregular ground or getting up stairs. The carts with bigger bicycle size wheels tend to handle rough ground a bit better, and are easier to horse up stairs... However if you don't have to deal with such things, no problem, and certainly can't beat the price...

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.