Do these stones need replacing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffg330

Dec 23, 2012
the cracks on walls look the same as last year in my insert, but the little divot in the middle where the incense is pointing seems to be a little deeper. Hope it comes out in th photo but it's like the size of a quarter and maybe 1/4 inch at its deepest, kind of crator shaped.

Thank 4 any help.

0LYfZz.jpg

No need to replace those bricks yet but i would have new ones on hand incase those bricks on the side fall out so you can put new ones in right away

I agree with that. The bricks in my last stove were all cracked like that. The ones in the bottom will be good for years to come. The side brick will eventually fall into the stove and need to be replaced.

Those cracks look awfully like someone banging the splits against the backwall. Is that insert a N-S loader? I suggest to be a bit more careful when loading and the bricks will last much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.