I have one of these in my fireplace. It was given to me by a friend. The thing was a ball of rust! But after hours of grinding, cementing and polishing it was ready to heat!! It's not and airtight stove but looks neat as an antique. It works a lot better than the fireplace alone and keeps the room nice and toasty. I put a log in it (unsplit) the other day at 2pm and it burned until 9pm This would probably put some modern stoves to shame. I was wondering if anyone else may have one of these hooked up. I've tried to search online for pics or original owner's manual and didn't succed. If you have one contact me! Just curious.