Do yourself a favor and insulate your chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
When we had our Fireview installed four years ago it was recommended that I at least put insulation around the pipe that led up the chimney to keep the heat in the house and block the dead air. Well, I'm a procrastinator and finally put Ruxol in this summer and I'm regretting not doing it sooner.

Since we started burning last month I've noticed a definite warmer feel to the house, it simply stays warmer longer as the stove cools. Last night it hit 10::F and even as the stove cooled down the house stayed warm.

So do yourself a favor, install a block-off plate or insulate, you won't be sorry.

fv

Status
Not open for further replies.