Does anybody admit to....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to burn some probably around Feb/Mar of next year. I'll probably mix it with some silver maple during the days When it's not real cold.

This will be my first year burning pine, a tree came down across the street in last years Oct snowstorm and the power company cut it up, so I took it, split it now its drying, Im also making my kindling from the pine.

I'll take some Eastern Oregon Lodgepole pine any time! I don't get that much here west of the Cascades. A few years ago, a neighbor across the street brought me a 1/2 a truck load of dry, seasoned lodgepole pine from the Deschutes River area he said. It burned great, and smelled great, and the smoke smelled great! He kept half and gave me half.

Years ago when I lived in Eastern Washington, we cut pine, and never had a problem with pitch on the saws or gloves. You get it every now and then, but it is not a big deal at all. I'd rather get a little pitch, than ticks.

White spruce, black spruce in my area.
I call it pine & learned to not cut it in the summer, sticky everything. But it does smell good.
Dries fast, burns well, 2nd best wood for BTUs here, tougher to split than birch, the biggest tress I've cut for fire wood were spruce.
I always have a few cords of it ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.