does anybody have a englander 24 icd

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dodgetech

Hearth Supporter
Apr 15, 2009
central iowa grundy center
I have an engander 24 ICD cat stove, it has never burned good at all,even with the dryest ash i does heat very good especialy when i push the slide damper over so all the exhaust goes through the cat converter, the glass is always black, this is not a un-seasoned wood problem i have had it for 8 years,havent really used it much it was at my parents house and then i bought a regency 3100 with the tubes for secondarys,that stove burns super good,unlike this.
I moved out and have this in my house now,left them the regency,i do burn it hot for 20 30 minutes with door cracked. i usually only burn this on the weekends cause of the time limitations,maybe a common problem? time to pitch it, I have heard that englander makes a 30 and it has the tubes and burns awesome, any suggestions?

well i must be one of the few to buy this stove, got it from home depot on sale, looks nice,more of a glow or engineered restricted burn. probably not many made ,i called customer support a few years back and they pretty much said its normal for a cat stove,
i will never get one of those again. I just thought englander was a crappy stove but theres some interest in the 30nc here i see.
They dont appear to have the cat just the tubes, is this like the late 70's 80's smogged out cars with no power,poorly engineered

Status
Not open for further replies.