Does anyone have a pictoral guide to hearth construction?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhfirelion

Feeling the Heat
Aug 6, 2007
I have decided to go all out and just remove the old fireplace and rock and start from scratch with the hole in my wall. :) I will need to build up the foundation inside the current "box" chimney" and will be using cultured stone as the final surface. I need to make sure I understand hat channels or the durarock channels I am reading about and making sure i have my layers correct. I got a small century stove the other day for $250 brand new from a friend and figured I can afford to make a bigger project that initially planned now. I will be ordering the liner next week when I get paid.

I stopped by branes and noble and was unable to find hardly anything about fireplace or hearth construction and the net hasn't helped much either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

you need to study this particular code, it will tell you what you need to have to be compliant , very good referrance

http://www.nfpa.org/aboutthecodes/AboutTheCodes.asp?DocNum=211&cookie;_test=1

just agree to the terms (that you wont print copies and sell em and such, and open the 2006 version. i use this all the time in my work and in here if questions such as yours arise.

hope this helps ya

Status
Not open for further replies.