Does anyone have an installed picture of PE insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsa0021

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2008
Ohio
The Super (medium) Not the catalog picture. Also, what program do you use to make a floor plan of my house to show on this site?

This is the big PE not the medium. I think they all look pretty much the same other than size.

Attachments

• P1010113a.jpg
    P1010113a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 492
  • P1010114a.jpg
    P1010114a.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 464
  • P1010106a.jpg
    P1010106a.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 476
Thanks! The dealer I went to didn't have one on display. Nice setup.

sept093.jpg

Initial install, we've since refaced the FP.

My diagram was done on graph paper, then scanned into the computer many, many moons ago

HOUSELAYOUT61408.jpg

This is the Summit, installed last summer. We are thrilled with its preformance.

Attachments

• 101_1429.jpg
    101_1429.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 452
thechimneysweep said:
Here's photos of the new Pacific Super Insert, which replaces the Pacific D1 in the product line: http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/bigsupins.htm

Ok, now I'm confused. My dealer gave me a catalog that has a medium pacific insert. Is this an older model? He said in August there will be a price increase when they start making next years model. The other models are the vista (small) and summit (large) with no mention of the super. He also said the medium is the only insert that qualifies for the tax credit.

I originally inquired about the Hampton HI300 and he didn't mention any other stoves until I asked him if there where any brands that he felt where better. He thought the door gasket design and the stainless burner plates were a more durable design on the PE stove.

they are the same stove, but the newer has some different trimwork up front, and the backside of the insert tapers slightly to make it fit into more fireplaces with hard tapers in the back, but if you get last years, or this years model, the fireboxes and performance are exactly the same; and all pe stoves/inserts qualify for the tax credit... also the dealer IS correct in the durability comment; the pe stoves are bulletproof and reliable.

that stove looks really nice..... are they gonna redesign the summit?

karl said:
He's either uneducated with his products or lying to you. All PE models qualify for the tax credit. Maybe he's trying to unload a discontinued model.

http://www.pacificenergy.net/taxcredit.php

Correction: The dealer said that he only had the letter from the maufacturer for the pacific medium. How would I know if it was discontinued? He didn't try to "sell" me anything to tell you the truth. He simply provided information that I requested.

Well, he could download and print out the certificate from PE that is required of all manufacturers to qualify a stove for the tax credit.

http://www.pacificenergy.net/PDF/CertificateTaxCredit.pdf

Even if it is a "Pacific" it still qualifies. But I would negotiate a lower price due to it not having the improvements of the newer Super model.

The brochure I have does not have the angled cut out at the back of the stove. I will have to go back to the dealer to see which stove he has in stock. I think I will need the angle due to the design of my fireplace.

I know in asking this question I'm opening myself up to someone "selling me" but here goes.......With my VC stove I am able to have enough coals to restart a fire after 10 hrs burning a mixure of oak, cherry and walnut (1.65 cu. ft. firebox). Will I be able to get close to that with the PE super?

bsa0021 said:
The brochure I have does not have the angled cut out at the back of the stove. I will have to go back to the dealer to see which stove he has in stock. I think I will need the angle due to the design of my fireplace.

I know in asking this question I'm opening myself up to someone "selling me" but here goes.......With my VC stove I am able to have enough coals to restart a fire after 10 hrs burning a mixure of oak, cherry and walnut (1.65 cu. ft. firebox). Will I be able to get close to that with the PE super?

I don't sell PE or anybody else stoves. I don't own a PE stove. From what I have seen here for the last three years, if you know how to do 10 hours with the VC you can do it with the Super Series PE stove. The thing is famous for long burns.

Now, tell us how the hell you get 10 hour burns out of that dinky firebox on the VC? :lol:

I don't sell PE or anybody else stoves. I don't own a PE stove. From what I have seen here for the last three years, if you know how to do 10 hours with the VC you can do it with the Super Series PE stove. The thing is famous for long burns.

Now, tell us how the hell you get 10 hour burns out of that dinky firebox on the VC? :lol:[/quote]

My VC is a dutchwest medium (cu ft. is by my measurements) and I pack the box pretty full with relatively large well seasoned wood. Love the way it burns :) ......Hate the high maintenance cost :( That's why I want a insert (the VC will be weekend burner in the sunroom).

Hey guys, when is that new PE Alderlea insert coming out? The new Super insert looks like a nice stove, but those ugly surround panels just don't do it for me, cast iron looks so much better.

Todd said:
Hey guys, when is that new PE Alderlea insert coming out? The new Super insert looks like a nice stove, but those ugly surround panels just don't do it for me, cast iron looks so much better.

Don't matter. Your Blaze King insert will have those ugly steel panels too. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Todd said:

Don't matter. Your Blaze King insert will have those ugly steel panels too. :lol:

Ha ha, the wife won't let me have a BK insert because of those ugly panels, but I was thinking if I had a BK freestander in the basement I wouldn't even need an insert upstairs.

the sales rep said that the alderlea insert is currently in testing, and should be avail. end of this season, beginning of next. to answer your question, iceman, they are working on aesthetic redesigns for all the stoves; but the super series are always the first ones to get updated (it was the original firebox, and also the best seller every year, so you do the math!). they recently made the summit heritage edition availiable, wheras last year it was only the super 27 heritage availiable, and they will be doing a step top summit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.