Does anyone hear have the osburn matrix?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
clint.gif

I do.

They are draft sensitive on tall chimneys.
Need shorter wood 16" or less, ideally 15" or 14" to load north/south.
They're not the most efficient, but not terrible either. Although the 2020 upgrades have decreased the efficiency some from my 2015 model.
It heats well, but they are convective more than radiative heating.
They look good, and the big glass is nice to sit in front of and watch the fire. But you do pay a premium for that.
The Drolet Deco II or Deco Alto are the same firebox and come in at under half the price.
SBI has good tech support, and their online parts ordering system is phenomenal.

Reactions: Wood Rat
I do.

They are draft sensitive on tall chimneys.
Need shorter wood 16" or less, ideally 15" or 14" to load north/south.
They're not the most efficient, but not terrible either. Although the 2020 upgrades have decreased the efficiency some from my 2015 model.
It heats well, but they are convective more than radiative heating.
They look good, and the big glass is nice to sit in front of and watch the fire. But you do pay a premium for that.
The Drolet Deco II or Deco Alto are the same firebox and come in at under half the price.
SBI has good tech support, and their online parts ordering system is phenomenal.

Can you be more specific when you say they're draft sensitive

Drolet stoves in general are easy-breathing. They work ok on shorter chimneys but on taller 25'+ chimney they may need draft reduction.

Reactions: Wood Rat